Chief engineer Randy Stephens with the revamped Avalon.
Toyota Avalon clocks record UAE sales
Dubai, June 11, 2013
Toyota's re-imagined Avalon has registered a 65.6 per cent growth in sales since the new model was launched in the UAE in February, said senior company officials.
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor of Toyota in the UAE, confirms that the new model has received a very positive response from customers following its launch, reflecting in a substantial increase in the number of units sold.
Simon Frith, the managing director, Al-Futtaim Motors said the automotive market was showing clear growth due to a rebuilt confidence in the economy in general.
“The first quarter yielded a good growth in the sales of Toyota cars in the UAE. Sedans are still number one choice for a lot of families or individuals who prioritize quality, comfort and affordable luxury. Traditionally, Avalon was favoured by customers travelling from the Northern Emirates on a daily basis to Sharjah or Dubai," explained Frith.
"With a host of technologies, enhanced interior and athletically luxurious exterior, the new model has tapped a new market segment, and has grabbed the attention of younger customers, just as expected," he added.
Randall Stephens, Avalon chief engineer pointed out that the intention behind the complete makeover on the car, was to move away from the Avalon’s conservative image and to give it a more dynamic and youthful look.
Stephens was in Dubai recently as part of a regional market tour and expressed his delight at the feedback he received from the UAE market.
"With an entirely redesigned athletic yet graceful exterior, a lush interior that prioritises comfort, the main attractive feature of the new car is the technology that ’simplifies rather than complicates,’" he added.
When asked how this had been achieved, he said: "We have a big team that works on this part of the development. Before we market the technology we share it with many of our distributors and retailers and conduct extensive research with our customers. Our aim is to achieve simple and easy operations."
Offered in eight colours the all-new Avalon is available across all Al-Futtaim Motors showrooms in four grades; “S”, “SE”, “SE+” and “Limited”.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers