Bahrain Toyota dealer holds skills contest
Manama, June 10, 2013
Ebrahim K Kanoo, the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus in Bahrain, recently organised Toyota’s 15th National Skills Contest to distinguish the most skillful personnel from its service and parts centres in the kingdom.
Participants included service advisors, general technicians, and parts advisors.
The contest, which was held at Toyota Plaza, was attended by Ebrahim K Kanoo and Toyota Motor Corporation management, as well as guests from the relevant ministries, Insurance companies, Industrial Institutes and other local companies.
Toyota’s National Skills Contest, which started in 1995, aims to develop the staff competency and knowledge of the latest diagnosis and repair techniques.
This year’s contest assessed the skills of inspecting engines and the electrical systems in the car, customer service standards, as well as professional parts sales techniques.
The company believes that this contest will help enhance the work efficiency, encourage staff to compete in a positive environment, develop performance and provide high quality service to the customers, a statement said.
Michael Goode, general manger of Service said: “Ebrahim K Kanoo’s management is always keen on developing the employees’ skills and productivity level. Through this annual competition we encourage the staff and add excitement to the work environment to ultimately reflect positively on the services offered to our valuable Toyota and Lexus customers.”
The top winners in each category will be participating at the GCC Regional Contest in Bahrain this October and the Global Contest in Japan next year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service