Kia readies fleet for Fifa Confederations Cup
Seoul, June 3, 2013
Kia Motors Corporation has announced that it will provide 198 passenger cars to ensure efficient and smooth transportation during the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, an international association football tournament to be held in Brazil as a prelude to the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
The 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup is scheduled to kick off on June 15th in Brasilia, Brazil with the champion to be crowned on June 30 in capital Rio de Janeiro.
The matches will take place throughout six cities in Brazil (Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro, Fortaleza, Belo Horizonte, Salvador and Recife).
Kia will aim to fulfill its role as a FIFA partner and official automobile of 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup (in conjunction with its sister company Hyundai Motor Company), said a company statement.
Kia is supplying numerous models as official tournament vehicles, such as its Cadenza and Optima passenger sedans; Sportage, Sorento and Mohave sport utility vehicles; and Carnival (known as ‘Sedona’ in some markets) multipurpose vehicle.
“The vehicle handover is a vital part of the preparation for the FIFA Confederations Cup 2013 and we are pleased to have such a globally recognized automotive brand provide us with stylish, reliable and comfortable vehicles to safely transport our FIFA officials, VIPs and others,” remarked Jay Neuhaus, the head of Fifa Marketing Brazil.
Yong-Kew Park, the president of Kia Motors’ Central & South America regional headquarters, said, “Kia Motors is a proud supporter of football and we are excited to play an integral role in the successful co-ordination of 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. We believe that connecting with the world through its most watched sport will not only raise the profile of the Kia brand, but also demonstrate its vibrant, distinctive and reliable identity and attributes.”
In line with 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup, Kia has introduced several activities for customers all around the world to increase their enjoyment of the tournament.
The five-a-side “Kia Champ into the Arena” invites amateur football talents from all over the world to compete against each other while providing the opportunity to witness an exciting 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup semi-final match, said the statement.
In addition, Kia provides an opportunity for football fans to experience Brazilian atmosphere and attend a 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup semi-final match through “Kia Lucky Drive to Brazil”.
Kia Motors is also a FIFA Partner in conjunction with Hyundai Motors, and will sponsor the 2014, 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer