Bentley’s new convertible hits Middle East
Dubai, June 2, 2013
The Continental GT Speed Convertible, Bentley’s new open-top performance flagship, is now available in the Middle East, said a statement.
The new GT Speed Convertible combines roof-down luxury touring with the shattering performance of a 625 PS (616 bhp) twin-turbo charged 6.0 litre W12, while delivering a 15 per cent improvement in fuel efficiency, it said.
The close-ratio eight-speed transmission, uprated and lowered suspension and retuned steering provide exhilarating acceleration and sharp, communicative handling without detriment to the ride comfort of Bentley’s Continental convertible.
Permanent all-wheel drive ensures optimum traction and power delivery whatever the road conditions, it said.
The new GT Speed Convertible has a top speed of 325 km/h.
Subtle sporting design cues include exclusive 21-inch alloy wheels, dark-tint grilles and ‘rifled’ exhaust tail pipes. Inside its handcrafted cabin, the GT Speed convertible features the Mulliner Driving Specification as standard.
"The new GT Speed Convertible will appeal to drivers who demand the sensory thrills of the world’s fastest four-seat soft-top, the practicality of a year-round grand tourer and unrivalled levels of luxury and refinement. It is designed for those who accept no compromise," said Chris Buxton, Bentley regional manager for the Middle East.
The new Bentley convertible offers the luxury and refinement of a coupé yet transforms into an open tourer. The four-layer hood ensures high levels of refinement and acoustic insulation. Exhaustively tested in all conditions from -30°C to +50°C or more, it resists even monsoon-force rain and maintains comfortable, draft-free warmth even on the coldest days, said the statement.
The GT Speed convertible offers the stability of permanent all-wheel drive, biased 60:40 in favour of the rear so the spirited driver can control the car’s line with the throttle, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer