McLaren limited edition to mark anniversary
Manama, June 2, 2013
McLaren, as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations, will launch commemorative models of its 12C and 12 C Spider super cars.
The British brand, whose Middle East ‘home’ is located in Bahrain, will produce only a maximum of 100 cars, split between 50 of the 12C and 50 of the 12C Spider.
The McLaren 50 12C and McLaren 50 12C Spider feature a number of bespoke styling and specification enhancements to mark the milestone event, which will be celebrated on September 2, said a statement.
The models have been produced by McLaren Special Operations (MSO), the division of McLaren Automotive responsible for the delivery of bespoke projects, in conjunction with the McLaren Automotive design team led by Design Director, Frank Stephenson.
Revisions include a remodelled, CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)-optimised front bumper from MSO, which provides increased levels of front downforce, and is inspired by the limited-run HS Edition models, to create a more dynamic visual impact. The lower section of the colour-coded bumper, framing the air intakes, is constructed from carbon fibre, while the front floor is made from race-derived carbon Kevlar. Above the bumper, a black McLaren F1-inspired heritage badge, previously only available to MSO clients, is also fitted on the bonnet.
McLaren Automotive’s regional director for Middle East and Africa Mark Harrison said: “Exclusivity and race winning heritage are key reasons why McLaren has quickly gained a loyal base of customers in the region. The McLaren 50 12C’s will offer a unique combination of both to these examples of the McLaren 12C and 12C Spider. Many options featured are normally only reserved for customers of our bespoke business, McLaren Special Operations. The McLaren 50 12C’s are both great value with the options costing significantly less than if purchased individually, and will be ultra-rare on the streets of the Middle East.”
As standard, the McLaren 50 12C is fitted with the carbon ceramic brake upgrade, with 394 x 36mm discs at the front, and 380 x 34mm at the rear. Offering enhanced stopping power, these sit behind bespoke McLaren 50 Ultra Lightweight wheels finished in Satin Black. This unique design, 19-inch at the front and 20-inch at the rear, offers a combined 2kg saving over the optional Super Lightweight wheels.
Inside the cabin, the McLaren 50 12C is upholstered with a full leather upgrade, while subtle branding to the carbon fibre sill panel and floor mats is complimented by an anniversary dedication plate on the driver’s door which highlights the limited run.
Available in one of three striking colour finishes – Carbon Black, Supernova Silver or heritage McLaren Orange – exterior aesthetic enhancements for the McLaren 50 12C continue with carbon fibre turning vanes offering further visual appeal, and featuring the McLaren 50 logo.
Each of the McLaren 50 models will be presented with a monogrammed black and silver car cover, limited edition key, carbon fibre presentation key box and a specially commissioned print signed by McLaren Automotive design director Frank Stephenson.
The package of options available has a retail price of $26,000, which is a significant reduction to the cost of ordering the options individually. The package is only available on cars ordered before McLaren celebrates its 50th anniversary in September 2013, the statement said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer