BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
Dubai, May 22, 2013
Munich-based BMW Group has launched the third generation BMW Z4 in the region, featuring innovative new exteriors, a refined interior, advanced powertrain technology and a new entry-level engine.
The BMW Z4 is the only open-top two-seater to feature classic roadster proportions combined with an automatically retractable hardtop which takes just 19 seconds to transform from a convertible open-air driving machine to a sporting coupé, a statement said.
The distinctive new twin circular headlights join the broad BMW kidney grille to form a roadster-specific interpretation of the brand’s signature look.
The bi-xenon headlights of the new BMW Z4 feature LED light rings which emit daytime driving light. On the bodywork, tapered side indicators add a dynamic sweep to the gills on the front of the model, and the newly designed optional 17-inch and 18-inch wheels in V-spoke design redefine the model from the wheelbase up.
From the advanced BMW ConnectedDrive functionality with Cruise Control and breaking functionality to the High Beam Assist which automatically switches the lights between high and low beam at night, to the striking high-gloss finish which surrounds the central air vents and iDrive control system – this dynamic new model provides a range of new driver assistance systems, according to the statement.
The new BMW Z4 comes with a range of five engines, and customers will be able to choose from three four-cylinder and two six-cylinder powerplants.
Their most significant shared feature is the BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, which ensures and exceptionally effective balance between driving pleasure and fuel consumption throughout the output range.
The BMW Z4 sDrive18i takes to the race track as the entry-level model. Powered by a 2.0-litre engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, the Z4 offers a maximum output of 156 hp at 5,000 rpm, and goes from 0-100 in 7.9 seconds.
It is fitted with a six-speed manual gearbox, but an eight-speed sports automatic can also be ordered as an option. The existing engine variants: sDrive20i, sDrive28i, sDrive35i and sDrive25i retain their places in the range.
The new BMW Z4 is available from BMW Group importers throughout the Middle East, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show