New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
Dubai, May 15, 2013
Al Tayer Motors, one of the UAE’s premier automobile dealerships and the official importer-dealer for Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, unveiled the all-Aluminium two-seater convertible sports car Jaguar F-TYPE, in Dubai.
Jaguar’s F-TYPE is a continuation of a sporting bloodline that encompasses some of the most beautiful, thrilling and desirable cars ever built, representing a return to the company’s heartland with a two-seater, convertible sports car focused on performance, agility and driver involvementm, said a top official at the launch.
Al Tayer Motors CEO Ashok Khanna said, “Since its launch at the Paris Motorshow last September, the Jaguar F-TYPE has been eagerly awaited in the UAE and there has been tremendous enthusiasm among loyal Jaguar customers here. We are confident the Jaguar F-TYPE will take the leaping cat marque to greater heights.”
The car with a starting price of Dh289,000 ($78,662) is available to book from Al Tayer Motors Jaguar showrooms.
Robin Colgan, the managing director for Jaguar Land Rover Mena: “Jaguar has a rich sporting heritage stretching over 75 years, and the F-TYPE is the perfect embodiment of this. It isn’t designed to be like any other sports car, it’s a Jaguar sports car – ultra-precise, powerful, sensual and most of all, it feels alive. I am thrilled to be here today to launch the latest addition to the Jaguar family in the UAE.”
"The F-TYPE provides the perfect showcase for Jaguar’s next generation of supercharged petrol engines, which combine extremely high specific outputs of both power and torque with great efficiency gains," he stated.
"A new 3.0-litre V6, developed from Jaguar’s highly acclaimed 5.0-litre V8, is available in either 340PS or 380PS variants, powering the F-TYPE and F-TYPE S respectively," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi