BMW Group posts record April sales
Munich, May 14, 2013
The BMW Group has posted its most successful April worldwide sales with a total of 155,419 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles delivered, marking an increase of 6.8 per cent.
Over the past four months the number of deliveries climbed 5.7 per cent to a new all-time high of 603,619 vehicles.
“We reported a growth of 2.8 per cent in Europe last month and made strong gains in Asia and the Americas. This momentum in worldwide sales will continue as we add new vehicles throughout the year to our very attractive product line-up, such as the new BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo,” said Ian Robertson, member of the Board of Management, Sales and Marketing BMW, in Munich.
Worldwide sales of BMW brand vehicles climbed 7.5 per cent to 130,598 as against 121,507 during April 2012.
Demand for the BMW X1 remained strong with 11,837 vehicles delivered in April, an increase of 14.8 per cent over the same month last year (10,310). The BMW 3 Series also reported strong gains with a total of 38,491 vehicles delivered to customers, an increase of 16.0 per cent compared to last year (33,192).
The BMW 3 Series Touring contributed to this growth, with 8,358 units delivered last month, an increase of 104.6 per cent on the previous year (4,085). The BMW 5 Series reaffirmed its position as segment leader, with 29,955 units delivered last month, a rise of 11.9 per cent.
Growth was further driven by the BMW 6 Series which was delivered to 2,200 customers worldwide in April. A total of 512,000 BMW vehicles have been delivered to customers worldwide since the start of the year, marking an increase of 7.1 per cent.
The BMW Group made gains on nearly all continents in the month under review. The company achieved robust sales in Asia with 43,872 vehicles delivered, a rise of 10.3 per cent. China accounted for 30,311 deliveries, an increase of 11.4 per cent over the same month last year.
Sales were solid in The Americas with 36,547 vehicles delivered in April. In the US, 29,011 vehicles were delivered in April, which reflects an increase of +8.3 per cent over the same month last year.
In Europe, sales increased by 2.8 per cent to 69,957 vehicles. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service