Rolls-Royce names ME director
Dubai, May 12, 2013
Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, has announced the appointment of John Gay as its new regional director for the Middle East region.
John takes over from Dr Rob Watson, who will be moving to Bristol to take on the position of senior VP Customer Business Asia-Pacific within the Defence business. He will be based at the company’s office in Abu Dhabi.
John moves to the Middle East after a two year posting in India, where he served as Rolls-Royce’s senior VP of Defence Aerospace in South Asia. He began his career with the company at 16 as a technician apprentice and has held a number of key business roles including international assignments in Europe, South America and India.
Robert Watson, Rolls-Royce, outgoing regional director, said; "It has been an exciting three years developing our business in The Middle East, which is an important growth market for Rolls-Royce. John’s international experience and deep knowledge of Rolls-Royce will help us make the most of the market opportunities we see ahead.”
On his new role, John Gay said, "The Middle East remains a strong focus for Rolls-Royce as our business and our customer relationships continue to grow. Our recent achievements in the region are a testament to Rob’s hard work and we look forward to building on this success."
"As part of our business objectives, we are keen to support the skills and industrial development agendas of the region’s governments," he added.
In the Middle East, Rolls-Royce products have been in use for over 75 years, with the first Rolls-Royce powered aircraft flying in the region in 1929.
Rolls-Royce is a major supplier to airlines and defence ministries, provides marine equipment and design expertise to a number of shipyards. It also has installed over 400 industrial gas turbines servicing the oil and gas industry across the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers