Abu Dhabi to enhance F1 experience
Abu Dhabi, May 7, 2013
New ticket categories, diverse race-meets-destination packages, an extended Yasalam after-race concert and an electro-rock headliner finale has been rolled out to ensure this year’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will be the most successful to date.
The Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is set to run from October 31 to November 3rd at the state-of-the-art Yas Marina Circuit.
A record 54 international on-sellers – up from 24 last year – and 26 GCC on-sellers – up from six last year – are already selling race tickets under an exclusive ‘early-bird’ 20 per cent discount, which is available until the end of May, and delivering the event and destination’s ‘There is more to F1 in Abu Dhabi’ message to international and regional fans.
Flash Entertainment has announced that British music legends Depeche Mode, the most successful electronic band in music history, will close-out the race weekend with a show-stopping after-race concert on Sunday, November 3rd at the du Arena on Yas Island.
Artists for the Yasalam after-race concerts on November 1 and 2 will be named in the coming months, a statement from the organisers said.
To further tap the regional market, race organisers also revealed an all-GCC star concert will be staged on October 31, while Flash Entertainment’s city-wide Yasalam entertainment programme will dovetail the on-and-off track activities on Yas Island.
“Year-after-year, the Yasalam programme and after-race concerts weekend are integral parts in what makes Abu Dhabi such an attractive race destination,” said Mike Fairburn, vice president of marketing and communications at Flash Entertainment.
“Yasalam was created for the entire region to enjoy, so it’s fitting that on the race’s fifth anniversary we should be celebrating live Arabic music and culture on such a global stage. Combined with the finale performance from Depeche Mode, we hope to cater to the multicultural audience of the capital and its visitors.”
Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) said the 2013 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix initiatives enhance an already improved overall destination offering.
“The Yasalam after-race concerts are intrinsic to the overall Abu Dhabi Grand Prix experience and the schedule already confirmed for November underlines the added-value proposition which makes the emirate’s flagship sporting event such an attractive ticket for domestic, regional and international fans,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director of promotion & overseas offices, TCA Abu Dhabi.
“Coupled with the additional leisure attractions now open on our world-class entertainment district of Yas Island and elsewhere across the emirate, visitors to this year’s Grand Prix will discover there’s so much more to see and do in Abu Dhabi than ever before.”
Yas Marina Circuit initiatives, which include expanded and new ticket categories, have increased the event’s overall capacity by 10 per cent – increasing the daily attendance target to 55,000, the statement said.
“Our aim is for 42 per cent of ticket sales to come from visitors living outside the UAE,” said Al Tareq Al Ameri, senior director – commercial, Yas Marina Circuit. “Last year, we welcomed an unprecedented number of international fans and this year, we have built upon our already strong proposition by introducing new products that allow fans from all markets to really shape their F1 weekend, their way.”
“Our enhanced on-seller network and planned international promotions at the British and Monaco Grands Prix will also help us achieve this goal and make the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix more international than ever before,” he added.
Ticket categories fall under a three-tier sales system including a $100 general admission, entry-price ticket for ‘Abu Dhabi Hill’ in the heart of Yas Marina Circuit, family discounts, a Friday brunch, new hospitality ‘lounge’ products and the expansive Yas Pass upgrade, which gives regular and premium access to the F1 and two other Yas Island power draws - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, and YasWaterworld.
“There is much more choice for fans this year – both at the circuit and throughout Yas Island and Abu Dhabi,” added Al Ameri. “With a 70 per cent increase in new ticket products this year, we are opening up the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to even more potential customers, especially non-motorsport fans.”
For UAE fans, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix tickets are already available through a wide range of outlets, including selected Etihad Airways shops, Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC, the Yas Hotel and Yas Marina Circuit itself. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer