BMW launches all-new M6 Series Coupé
Manama, May 7, 2013
German automobile giant BMW has introduced the all-new BMW M6 Series Gran Coupé, the ultimate in four-door high performance sports coupés, which goes on sale in Bahrain this month.
Following in the tracks of the BMW M6 convertible and coupé that were launched last year, the third body variant of the BMW M6 high-performance sports car is the new flagship of BMW M, a subsidiary of the world’s leading premium automotive manufacturer for sports and high-performance vehicles.
The new model occupies an exclusive position in the premium segment thanks to a unique combination of outstanding dynamics, hallmark M model harmony and everyday practicality, a statement from the company said.
Combining customary M performance characteristics with extra helpings of luxury and aesthetic appeal, the BMW M6 Gran Coupé is immediately recognisable as an elegant and sporty 6 Series, but with enhanced M styling design cues that make it look sportier and more powerful, the statement said.
These elements include wider air intakes, contoured headlight units, the newly designed M kidney grille, which bears an "M6" badge, and 20 inch M light-alloy wheels available with two different design choices.
The car’s motor sport technology ensures that the new model raises the bar in performance. The interplay of the high-revving 4.4 litre V8 engines and M TwinPower turbo technology is accompanied by a seven-speed M double clutch transmission with Drivelogic, active M differential and model-specific chassis technology. Delivering 412kW/560hp, it propels the BMW M6 gran coupé from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds.
The roof of the BMW M6 Gran Coupé is made of carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic, a unique feature in this segment, it said. The extremely lightweight design provides superior stiffness and reduces weight by 25kg compared to that of a conventional glass sunroof. It also helps to improve the car’s handling further, making the drive more dynamic.
Inside the cockpit of the BMW M6 Gran Coupé, ground-breaking ergonomic design guarantees perfect mastery of the vehicle in every situation. Standard equipment includes leather trim, heated driver and front passenger seats, automatically dimming rear-view and exterior mirrors, an alarm system and the BMW professional radio with hi-fi loudspeakers.
Available as an alternative to the standard two-zone automatic climate control is a four-zone system with a control panel in the rear compartment, the statement said. Other highlights of the options list include M multifunction seats, comfort access, the soft close automatic function for the doors, electrically operated sun blinds and the new generation of the professional navigation system.
Available as an option, the M carbon ceramic brake system is an innovative new feature for all M6 model variants. Its brake disks, manufactured from an extremely durable and heat-resistant carbon-ceramics compound, are considerably more lightweight, wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant than conventional components. This makes steering on the front axle even more precise, it said.
The BMW ConnectedDrive assistance technology includes park assistant, high beam assistant, lane change warning, and lane departure warning. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week