Emirati wins top spot in AMG Drag-Race
Dubai, May 6, 2013
Emirati Mohammed Seif has claimed the number one spot in the recently held third AMG Drag-Race at the Dubai Autodrome, taking home a brand new set of tyres from race sponsor Continental Tyres.
Racing a modified Mercedes CLS63, Seif saw off challenges from 34 other entrants, all members of ‘Group 63’, the UAE Mercedes-AMG Owners Club, who had gathered to pit their cars against each other in the high-octane racing event.
All AMG owners in the Emirates had been invited to register by race organiser Gargash Enterprises, and the 35 racers who did sign up introduced a range of high performance models, ranging from ML63s to CLS63s, a statement from an official said.
Seif’s CLS63, modified by GAD-Motors and fitted with Brabus body kits, is capable of producing an incredible 803hp, and dominated proceedings throughout most of the evening. It boasts new sports air filters, GAD turbochargers, and further modifications to the exhaust system, transmission and cooling system, all key reasons behind the Emirati’s second consecutive win in the series of races.
“It’s been great to win it two years in a row and my aim is to return next year for another run. I would like to thank the President of Group 63, Khaled AlMulla, for putting together such a great event,” said Seif. “I would also like to thank Continental Tyres for helping make the event possible. My choice of tyre will most likely be the ContiSportContact 5Ps, much needed after a day of drag-racing.”
Jonathan Tait, general manager of Emirates for Universal Tyres, and official distributor for Continental Tyres in the UAE, said: “When it comes to developing tyres, globally Continental has been AMG’s partner for many years, so it was a logical choice for us to get involved with this event. The day has been about enjoying the full performance potential of the cars, in a safe environment.”
Continental Tyres and AMG have been technology partners in rubber and automotive for years. They recently extended that partnership in 2010. As Continental is the preferred supplier for AMG, they have a dedicated team of engineers with the AMG research and development department.
Continental’s top of the line performance tyres, the ContiSportContact 5P, are the recommended tyres for AMG users with their innovative ‘Black Chilli’ technology, which gives it unprecedented performance. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week