VW dealer posts record UAE sales in Q1
Dubai, May 1, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the sole dealer for Volkswagen in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has reported record sales of 900 vehicles during the first quarter of 2013, marking a year-on-year rise of 31.5 per cent.
The sales were supported by the increase in demand for Volkswagen sedan models which represented 49 per cent of sales between January and March.
The Volkswagen Passat, which arrived in the Middle East in 2012 and was awarded best mid-size sedan in the region by the Middle East Motor Awards last year, led sales as the number one selling Volkswagen sedan model with 190 vehicles sold.
The Volkswagen Jetta also proved to be a strong performer in the first quarter, with more than 169 vehicles sold, resulting in a 59 per cent rise in sales.
Thierry Seys, Volkswagen general manager at Al Nabooda Automobiles said: “While we shall see positive effects from our attractive and full model range and strong market position, there will also be increasingly stiff competition in this challenging market.
“Consumers choose Volkswagen vehicles because they know they receive consistent quality customer service levels, the brand’s cutting-edge technology, world class performance, competitive prices as well as value-added offers.”
“Already this year, Al Nabooda Automobiles has welcomed the stunning new seventh generation Golf which has been completely redesigned, including: the vehicle body, interior, engines, all of the information and entertainment systems, and the numerous new driver assistance systems,” Seys added.
Each new Golf is also 100 kg lighter which makes it possible to reduce CO2 emissions and fuel consumption by 23 per cent making the vehicle a better choice for the environment and customers alike, he said.
“Later this summer we will be bringing the new Golf GTI to our customers, which will offer an even more striking and sportier design, as well as a 10HP increase in power. Both the Golf and the Golf GTI models have been firm favourites in this market for a long time so we look forward to seeing their contribution, Seys concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week