Harley-Davidson rolls out 2013 models
Doha, April 22, 2013
Harley-Davidson unveiled its brand new motorcycles in Qatar including the urban prowler, H-D Breakout and the special edition of the Dyna-based Street Bob as part of its 2013 lineup.
The event took place at the company’s showroom on Salwa Road in Doha in the presence of the Harley-Davidson Owners Group (HOG) Qatar Chapter and other top officials.
Speaking at the launch, Robert Andrew Kelly, Harley-Davidson Doha Dealer Principal, said: “These are some of the most fantastic motorcycles in our line-up for the year. We’re confident that both will be highly received by the true H-D riders in Qatar who appreciate motorcycles that embody the true essence of the brand.”
“The 2013 H-D Breakout motorcycle is a bike ready for a midnight ramble to a roadhouse get-together with the crew with a lot of rubber to show a tough, muscular look; whereas the new Street Bob special edition is upgraded with a 1690cc engine to deliver that unmistakable Harley-Davidson rumble and an unrivalled street appeal. We can’t wait to see our riders enjoying another superb experience from their favorite brand,” explained Kelly.
The Grand Hyatt hotel in Doha recently hosted a Barbecue for the HOG Qatar Chapter members. Additionally, H-D Doha has lately received the brand’s official Retail Environment Group plate turning the company into the only official and approved dealership in Qatar and following the Harley-Davidson Strategic Growth Market Award received by the local dealership at the Mena Tak-Dear Awards for 2012.
According to Kelly, the 2013 H-D Breakout motorcycle has been designed to deliver a muscular dose of American V-Twin torque and etch the asphalt with a fat rear tire.
"With authentic swagger that turns heads in traffic and a proud stance certain to draw a curb-side crowd on bike night, the Breakout is presented as a premium model in its segment with distinctive finishes and specific components not available on other Harley-Davidson bikes," he explained.
The motorcycles’ wheels are inspired by the drag racing wheels from the 1960s and ‘70s classics. Each wheel has 10 half-round spokes. The gloss-black powder coat is machined away on alternating spokes and the rim edge to expose the aluminum under the paint, he noted.
About Street Bob, Kelly said the restyled 2013 version is a stripped-down and rowdy bobber based on the H-D Dyna platform that appeals to riders who appreciate the pure essence of motorcycling; a powerful V-Twin engine at the heart of a bike with simple eye-catching styling that carries only the most essential equipment," he added.
The new Street Bob special edition is upgraded with a 1690cc engine to deliver that unmistakable Harley-Davidson rumble. It delivers that high-end bobber look and features straight out of the crate, such as ABS as standard equipment," he stated.
"The defining elements of the Street Bob are retained for 2013’s special edition – a solo seat, chopped rear fender, and mini ape-hanger handlebar to give this motorcycle an unmistakable profile when it comes to power and style," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week