Thrifty adds safer vehicles to fleet
Dubai, April 22, 2013
UAE-based Thrifty Car Rental, a franchisee of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group and one of the largest car rental firms in the Middle East, has added a large fleet of 2013 Volkswagen Passat and Jetta vehicles across the Emirates.
The programme entails fleet additions of VW vehicles throughout the current year, a statement from the company said.
Rahul Singh, general manager, Thrifty Car Rental, said: “According to Thrifty’s customer feedback, after price, renters in the United UAE are most concerned with safety when choosing their cars to rent. We decided to go with the best option available and that’s by the German manufacturer Volkswagen. The response from both individuals and corporates has been overwhelmingly positive for these cars.”
The 2013 Volkswagen Jetta and Passat were given top safety pick in the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety. The models ranked high in moderate and small overlap front test results, side impact test results, roof strength and rear crash protection/head restraint ratings, the statement said.
Thrifty Car Rental will showcase its new safety-minded vehicles amongst its complete portfolio at this year’s Arabian Travel Market, taking place at the Dubai World Trade Center from May 6 to 9.
Thrifty franchises from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Jordan, Kuwait, Turkey, Libya and Morocco as well as corporate representatives from Europe, will attend the high profile trade show to showcase their complete service offerings in their respective countries to the regional and international consumers.
Sam Eltibi, executive director for Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group in Mena & Asia Pacific, said: “We are committed to reinforcing our reputation as the region’s premier automotive rental companies. Participating in trade show events such as Arabian Travel Market is important to showcase our presence in the car rental industry and compete in a very demanding and challenging market.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm