Batelco racing team to join F1 race
Manama, April 20, 2013
Batelco Racing Group, which includes a number of experienced drivers, is all set to take part in the Formula Middle East exhibition races scheduled to take place during the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix weekend.
The Formula Middle East exhibition race is an exciting new initiative by the Home of Motorsport in the Middle East, the Bahrain International Circuit, and Asia’s most established motorsport promoter Motorsport Asia.
Formula Middle East is a single seater series which gives drivers the chance to showcase their abilities in one of the most successful single-seaters ever on a truly international stage, said a statement from Batelco.
The exhibition races will serve as a precursor to a full international championship which is set to start in November of this year.
Batelco Racing continues to enjoy success in the region and internationally with many podium finishes in recent years.
Batelco Racing includes a number of experienced drivers with three of them participating in the Formula Middle East race – Mohamed Mattar, Alban Varutti and Saeed Al Mahairi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC