Batelco racing team to join F1 race
Manama, April 20, 2013
Batelco Racing Group, which includes a number of experienced drivers, is all set to take part in the Formula Middle East exhibition races scheduled to take place during the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix weekend.
The Formula Middle East exhibition race is an exciting new initiative by the Home of Motorsport in the Middle East, the Bahrain International Circuit, and Asia’s most established motorsport promoter Motorsport Asia.
Formula Middle East is a single seater series which gives drivers the chance to showcase their abilities in one of the most successful single-seaters ever on a truly international stage, said a statement from Batelco.
The exhibition races will serve as a precursor to a full international championship which is set to start in November of this year.
Batelco Racing continues to enjoy success in the region and internationally with many podium finishes in recent years.
Batelco Racing includes a number of experienced drivers with three of them participating in the Formula Middle East race – Mohamed Mattar, Alban Varutti and Saeed Al Mahairi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service