Jaguar F-Type receives top design award
Amman, April 20, 2013
British multinational car manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover’s F-Type has been declared the 2013 World Car Design of the Year.
Forty-three cars were considered for the award, after which selection was reduced to a shortlist by an advisory panel of design experts before the final consideration by the 66th World Car of the Year jury members.
Ian Callum, Jaguar’s director of design, said: "No design project has given me greater pleasure than the creation of the F-Type. It's a project I've looked forward to from the moment I joined Jaguar, and it's one that's given my team and I great satisfaction. The F-Type is a sports car that is true to Jaguar's design values – beauty of line and purity of form – and I'm honoured that the World Car of the Year jury has recognised our work with this award."
“The long wheelbase, short overhangs and flared fenders give this car a good stance. The contour in-plan view tapered toward the door emphasises the muscular rear fender that houses the driven wheels,” the advisory panel said.
“The F-Type exterior maintains Jaguar’s own elegance in its horizontal proportion and rounded surfaces, yet it looks very dynamic. I would like to say the interior design is even more attractive. It is clearly driver-oriented, and a grip bar for the passenger is nicely integrated into the big centre console. The seat design is superb, too.”
The award was collected by Adrian Hallmark, Jaguar’s global brand director, at the New York International Auto Show. “The F-Type is the first full-blooded Jaguar sports car to be launched for more than 50 years. Its architecture and technology are world class, wrapped in an evocative and progressive design that could only be a Jaguar, ‘Callum unfiltered’, as we call it in-house.”
“It is as dynamic yet refined as any Jaguar sports car should be, and is a unique proposition from a performance and price perspective. This combination of factors has clearly inspired this year's jurors, and we are delighted and honoured to collect this award.”
Amjad Saeed, general manager of Mahmoudia Motors, the official distributer of the Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo brands in Jordan, said: “Receiving this prestigious award reaffirms the Jaguar F-Type’s classification as a class-leading car. Its design and technology features are unmatched by any other vehicle, offering Jaguar fans across the world a seamless driving experience in terms of aesthetics and performance.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week