Alonso wins Chinese Grand Prix
Shanghai, April 14, 2013
Ferrari's Fernando Alonso roared to victory in the Chinese Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday, making amends for crashing out of the previous race in Malaysia.
In a dry race dictated by tyre choices and frequent pitstops, the Spaniard beat Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen by 10.1 seconds.
Lewis Hamilton completed a trio of world champions on the podium with third place for Mercedes after starting on pole.
The win was Alonso's first since Germany last July and was the 31st of his career, taking him to fourth in the all-time list alongside Britain's 1992 champion Nigel Mansell.
Red Bull's triple champion Sebastian Vettel finished fourth, just 0.2 behind Hamilton, to retain the overall lead, with McLaren's Jenson Button fifth to ensure five champions in the top five places. - Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC