Al-Futtaim Honda eyes 50pc rise in fleet sales
Dubai, April 11, 2013
Al-Futtaim Honda, exclusive distributors of the Japanese automotive brand in the UAE, is targeting fleet sales growth of about 50 per cent in 2013 as it brings into the market new and popular models, said a top official.
The UAE’s fleet sector is expected to grow significantly in the near future as SME’s and corporates prepare to replace their ageing fleets by leveraging the current economic stability and projected growth and by taking advantage of recently imposed more stringent banking car loan rules to individuals, added Mark Kass, regional managing director, Al-Futtaim Honda.
He was speaking in front of 100 delegates representing major fleet owners in the UAE during the annual Al-Futtaim Honda Fleet Event at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai.
“Economic recovery is now more tangible across the critical growth sectors of transport, trade and tourism and as oil prices continue to command a premium confidence has returned back to the UAE market,” said Kass.
“Following a period of underinvestment dictated by a crisis-hit economy, fleet owners and operators are now investing in procuring new cars to gradually replace their vehicle assets acquired during 2008-2009.
“Based on our own projected future growth estimates the sector is set to benefit from increased demand for new cars,” he added.
“We are extremely pleased with the positive feedback from the industry. Al-Futtaim Honda is committed to grow its fleet sales business substantially with the expansion of its fleet sales team and a refreshed new product line-up,” Kass concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer