Kia’s UAE sales up 9pc in Q1
Dubai, April 9, 2013
South Korean automaker Kia has reported a 9 per cent growth in sales in the UAE during the first quarter of 2013.
Mohammed Khader, president of Al Majid Motors, the sole distributor for Kia vehicles in the UAE, said: “We are extremely happy with the overall turnover of the road shows as it will help us meet our sales targets this year that already looks promising.”
“This success clearly manifests the technical prowess, growing popularity of elegant Kia vehicles and upward trend of Kia’s brand perception in the region. We have specifically seen a marked demand for three key models – Kia Sportage, Sorento and the high-end Cerato in the UAE and hope this trend continues as a positive sentiment has returned to the market.
“People are more confident in the country’s economy and are encouraged to spend on our four-wheelers and other luxury cars that have amazing features and tasteful detailing.”
The four-week Kia Motors road shows received an overwhelming response from UAE residents as around 1500 test drive took place during the first phase of Kia on Tour 2013 / Road Show.
In sport utility segment, the latest facelift version of Sorento and Kia’s most popular Sportage were the hot favorites followed by Optima, Cadenza and Cerato in passenger car categories.
Kia On Tour is one of the major marketing activities undertaken by Al Majid Motors every year in the country and is always well-received by residents. With over 15 units of test drive fleet vehicles, four venues in four emirates - Dubai, Al Ain (Abu Dhabi), Sharjah and Ras Al Khaima, the event created an opportunity to test drive the range of Kia vehicles, interact with their sales team and promoters, thus availing full information of the advance features the latest models are loaded with.
The event was organised with various entertaining elements, designed for every age group and families.
According to Kia Motors the main purpose of such an activity is to showcase Kia’s latest technological development and introduce the latest models launched during the year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi