Bahrain F1 gets go ahead from Ecclestone
Manama, April 6, 2013
Bahrain Grand Prix has won a new vote of confidence from F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, our sister newspaper the Gulf Daily News reported.
Ecclestone said he will be in the Kingdom for the race, on April 21, and praised organisers for their efforts.
"Everything that is there is as far as we are concerned good. They do a very, very good job of the race, the whole support from the top is good. No problems," he said.
Last year's Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix was a big success, and Ecclestone said the situation had improved with the ongoing multilateral talks for reconciliation.
He said he had no concerns about the race becoming a target for anti-government protesters.
"I haven't had any negative reports from anybody there," the 82-year-old British billionaire said as he prepared for a double header with the Chinese Grand Prix on April 14 and Bahrain soon after that.
"Somebody who actually lives there came to see me yesterday and said everything's very normal.
"I think they (both sides) are talking now anyway... so I don't think they'll upset the talks by making protests," added Ecclestone. "It didn't help them last year, so if they had any brains they'd just get on with their talks." – TradeArabia News Service