Bahrain F1 gets go ahead from Ecclestone
Manama, April 6, 2013
Bahrain Grand Prix has won a new vote of confidence from F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, our sister newspaper the Gulf Daily News reported.
Ecclestone said he will be in the Kingdom for the race, on April 21, and praised organisers for their efforts.
"Everything that is there is as far as we are concerned good. They do a very, very good job of the race, the whole support from the top is good. No problems," he said.
Last year's Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix was a big success, and Ecclestone said the situation had improved with the ongoing multilateral talks for reconciliation.
He said he had no concerns about the race becoming a target for anti-government protesters.
"I haven't had any negative reports from anybody there," the 82-year-old British billionaire said as he prepared for a double header with the Chinese Grand Prix on April 14 and Bahrain soon after that.
"Somebody who actually lives there came to see me yesterday and said everything's very normal.
"I think they (both sides) are talking now anyway... so I don't think they'll upset the talks by making protests," added Ecclestone. "It didn't help them last year, so if they had any brains they'd just get on with their talks." – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer