Nissan ME appoints new managing director
Dubai, April 1, 2013
Nissan has announced the appointment of Samir Cherfan to the role of managing director, Nissan Middle East, effective immediately.
In his new role, Cherfan will have overall responsibility for both Nissan and Infiniti brands in the Middle East region.
Cherfan’s new appointment follows a year as director, Sales & Marketing Nissan Middle East and over 20 years of Renault-Nissan Alliance experience spanning engineering and commercial roles.
His extensive resumé and knowledge of the Middle East automotive market is complimented by fluency in Arabic, French and English.
Cherfan, 45, said: "It is a privilege to be appointed to this position and I pay tribute to my predecessors who have made Nissan one of the leading automotive brands in the region with a proud heritage and reputation for quality, reliability and durability.”
“Our innovative and exciting model range, ever strengthening brand momentum and excellent retail network puts Nissan in a strong position to reach new levels of success.
"I look forward to facing the challenge of leading such a strong brand in a market which is of great significance to Nissan’s global growth strategy. On a personal note, it is also particularly pleasing for me to lead Nissan in a market in which I have such a strong cultural link,” he added.
Cherfan succeeds Atsuo Kosaka who held the managing director position for over four years. Kosaka-san will return to Japan to undertake a new role with Nissan Motors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC