Nissan ME appoints new managing director
Dubai, April 1, 2013
Nissan has announced the appointment of Samir Cherfan to the role of managing director, Nissan Middle East, effective immediately.
In his new role, Cherfan will have overall responsibility for both Nissan and Infiniti brands in the Middle East region.
Cherfan’s new appointment follows a year as director, Sales & Marketing Nissan Middle East and over 20 years of Renault-Nissan Alliance experience spanning engineering and commercial roles.
His extensive resumé and knowledge of the Middle East automotive market is complimented by fluency in Arabic, French and English.
Cherfan, 45, said: "It is a privilege to be appointed to this position and I pay tribute to my predecessors who have made Nissan one of the leading automotive brands in the region with a proud heritage and reputation for quality, reliability and durability.”
“Our innovative and exciting model range, ever strengthening brand momentum and excellent retail network puts Nissan in a strong position to reach new levels of success.
"I look forward to facing the challenge of leading such a strong brand in a market which is of great significance to Nissan’s global growth strategy. On a personal note, it is also particularly pleasing for me to lead Nissan in a market in which I have such a strong cultural link,” he added.
Cherfan succeeds Atsuo Kosaka who held the managing director position for over four years. Kosaka-san will return to Japan to undertake a new role with Nissan Motors. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service