All-new Range Rover launched in Jordan
Amman, March 31, 2013
Mahmoudia Motors, the sole and official dealer of the Jaguar, Land Rover brands in Jordan, unveiled the all-new Range Rover during an event in Amman.
The gala dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel was hosted by Mahmoud Malhas, chairman of Mahmoudia Group, and Robin Colgan, managing director of Jaguar Land Rover Mena Region, with Peter Millet, the British Ambassador to Jordan as a guest speaker.
“Range Rover is an iconic British brand which epitomises the very best of British design, technology and manufacturing. The All-New Range Rover is a truly fabulous vehicle and I have no doubt that it will sell very well in Jordan and across the region,” said Millet in his speech.
Colgan said: “The all-new Range Rover is our most capable and luxurious vehicle yet. Newly arrived in the region, it has already attracted unprecedented demand, and I am proud to be here today alongside Mahmoudia Motors to unveil this phenomenal vehicle in Jordan. I have every confidence that our customers here will appreciate the performance and refinement for the fourth generation Range Rover.”
“For 65 years, Land Rover has gone above and beyond in its innovation of luxury four-wheel drive SUVs, blending power, supremacy and dynamism in both design and performance to offer the world an unrivaled off-road and urban driving experience,” said Malhas.
“Today, we celebrate a bold addition to the Land Rover family in Jordan; the all-new fourth generation Range Rover. It represents everything we have come to love in this brand over these past 65 years. I would like to extend special thanks to our diligent staff who dedicate their time to keeping the Range Rover cars displayed in our showroom in immaculate condition each and every day,” he added.
The all-new Range Rover is offering customers increased powertrain choice with either a V8 naturally aspirated 375Bhp 5,000cc engine or a Supercharged V8 510Bhp 5,000cc engine.
The engine’s advanced supercharged design is ideally suited to the all-new Range Rover, delivering smooth, seamless performance with generous torque throughout the rev range. The models boast a slick and responsive eight-speed automatic transmission, and offer a 15 per cent reduction in CO2 emissions.
From the outset, the new engine has been engineered to support the Range Rover’s full breadth of capability, including extreme off-road tilt angles up to 45 degrees, wading depth of 900mm and towing weight up to 3,500kg. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva