Mercedes-Benz Kuwait 2012 sales up 21pc
Kuwait, March 27, 2013
A R Albisher and Z Alkazemi, the exclusive general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Kuwait, has posted an increase of 21 per cent in sales of passenger cars on 2012 over the previous year.
“Mercedes-Benz in the Middle East and Levant region had a record sales year in 2012 with overall 16.7 per cent growth in sales, and Kuwait’s contribution to this accomplishment is something that we are very proud of and hope to continue achieving over the coming years,” said Michael Ruehle, general manager, Abdul Rahman Albisher & Zaid Alkazemi.
“I am particularly confident that we will be seeing even stronger sales year-on-year as a result of the range of cars Mercedes-Benz is offering in Kuwait. Consumers in the Middle East and in Kuwait specifically, are very passionate about the cars they drive and we offer them the best the in terms of power, technology, design, comfort and safety; and we are seeing this in the sales figures.”
The AMG and SUV segments were the top two sales motivators in Kuwait given that 2012 was the ‘Year of AMG and SUV.’
The Mercedes AMG division sales rose by 56 per cent compared to 2011 – lead primarily by the launch of the G 63 AMG and G 65 AMG variants, as well as the award-winning ML 63 AMG in the SUV range and the C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series.
The 2012 launch of the Mercedes-Benz flagship 7-seater GL as well as the G-Class and leading M-Class offered different types of consumers in Kuwait access to the Mercedes-Benz SUV range. As a result, SUV sales grew 41 per cent compared to 2011 and represented the second most sought after Mercedes-Benz car.
“As for 2013, there is no stopping the momentum in Kuwait,” added Ruehle.
“We’re looking at further success for the SUV range – especially the GL500 since it was launched toward the end of 2012 and the rising sales will definitely spill over to this year. We are also looking forward to the regional launches of the new GL63 AMG, the new A-Class and the Mercedes-Benz flagship S-Class luxury sedan models and the impact the unveiling will have in Kuwait.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners