Abu Dhabi F1 tickets go on sale
Abu Dhabi, March 24, 2013
Yas Marina Circuit, the most exciting sporting and entertainment venue in the UAE, has announced the sale of tickets for the '2013 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.'
This year, there are several ticket categories including family ticket packages, a Friday Brunch Ticket, a General Admission ticket as well as more exclusive options including the Yas Trackside Terrace and the Yas Marina Tower, said Yas Marina in a statement.
The ticket options include a greater range of on and off-track entertainment choices that are set to solidify Abu Dhabi’s reputation as the most exciting and entertaining stop on the international F1 calendar.
In addition to the motorsport, music and entertainment that the Abu Dhabi weekend has become known for, this year fans will be able to choose from an expanded entertainment programme and a greater number of ticket categories that start at just Dh365 ($100) per person.
Also, in response to growing demand, Yas Marina Circuit is increasing capacity for the 2013 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix through the introduction of more ticket categories, including an Abu Dhabi Hill General Admission ticket that will allow for more fans to enjoy what historically has been a sell-out event.
As an added bonus, fans will be able to take advantage of a 20 per cent early bird discount on select tickets from now until 31 May.
“The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix has truly established itself as an F1 for everyone,” said Richard Cregan, the CEO of Yas Marina Circuit.
“Our all-inclusive race week offer has been unrivalled so far. This year, as we prepare for the fifth anniversary of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, we are taking it a step further and extending the fun and fanfare of the weekend to more local and international fans than ever before with unique new ticketing options,” he added.
Visitors and residents will have the option of purchasing a Yas Pass, which will extend the fun of the F1 weekend to include access to neighbouring Yas Waterworld and Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, said Cregan.
In addition to new ticketing options for all fans, Yas Marina Circuit has again partnered with Etihad Airways, the award-winning national airline of the UAE, to offer a range of all-inclusive flight, hotel and race weekend packages for regional and international fans.
Available from key destinations in the airline’s growing international network, the packages offer visitors to Abu Dhabi an action-packed race weekend complemented by a variety of activities and accommodation options that showcase the very best of Abu Dhabi.
“The Grand Prix has become the cornerstone of Abu Dhabi’s growing calendar of world-class events,” said Peter Baumgartner, Etihad's chief commercial officer.
“As title sponsor of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix we are extremely proud to have contributed to the success of the past four years, and we look forward to welcoming an even greater number of visitors to Abu Dhabi to experience what will be an unforgettable fifth anniversary race weekend,” he added.
As a key event on the international motorsport calendar, the F1 has attracted fans from across the globe. In 2012, Yas Marina Circuit hosted an unprecedented number of international fans with 35 per cent of attendees visiting from outside the UAE.
In line with Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority’s (TCA Abu Dhabi) overall 2013 target, Yas Marina Circuit is aiming to increase international visitors for the 2013 Grand Prix to 42 per cent.
"Abu Dhabi Grand Prix's international appeal has evolved alongside the emirate's ever-maturing portfolio of world-class leisure and cultural attractions; last year's worldwide nine-month promotion campaign yielded our highest overseas visitor attendance to date," said Sultan Al Dhaheri, the director of Tourism Eco-Systems at TCA Abu Dhabi.
"On-the-back of exciting new ticket options and several major new resort and attraction openings across Abu Dhabi, we anticipate even greater interest from seasoned motorsport fans and regional and international leisure travellers," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer