Hyundai unveils images of new sports coupe
Dubai, March 21, 2013
South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor has unveiled exterior renderings of the HND-9, its latest luxury sports coupe concept.
The HND-9, the ninth concept model developed by Hyundai Motor Group’s R&D Center in Namyang, Korea, features a dramatic long hood and wheelbase, giving a modern reinterpretation of a classic premium sports coupe, a statement said.
Fluidic yet sleek character lines that stretch from headlamp to trunk, voluminous, powerful car body and a striking, wide hexagonal-shaped radiator grille underscore the high performance image of the concept.
Butterfly doors, spiral-shaped lines connected to the headlamp, soft silver coating, dual twin muffler and uniquely designed head and rear lamps give the car a sleek futuristic look, the statement added.
As a rear-wheel drive, high-performance sports coupe concept, HND-9 is equipped with 3.3-litre turbo GDi engine and 8-speed auto transmission, delivering maximum output of 370ps.
The HND-9 is set to make its world debut during Hyundai’s press conference on March 28 at the 2013 Seoul Motor Show. More details of the concept’s design and its cutting-edge technologies will be revealed at the show, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi