Top: Newport, receives an award from
Frank Bernthaler, director sales & marketing
Mercedes-Benz. Above: Mark Price.
Al Haddad posts record sales
Manama, March 20, 2013
Al Haddad Motors Bahrain, the authorized general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in the kingdom, has announced 2012 as its best ever year, attributing record sales results to its SUV and AMG models.
Mercedes-Benz the German firm reported 15 consecutive months of double-digit growth while its high-performance AMG division also reported its best ever annual results, surpassing its 2011 sales by 61 per cent.
Mark Price, the sales manager of Mercedes-Benz passenger cars at Al Haddad Motors, said: “our team has worked very hard in the past year with the support of our partners at the Mercedes-Benz headquarters and we closed 2012 with our best ever year. “
Price said SUV sales have increased 38 per cent and sales of the newly launched G63 AMG and G65 AMG variants rose 74 per cent. Regional sales were up 16.7 per cent on 2011’s results and beat its previous record set in 2008.
“Mercedes-Benz has defined its strategy until 2020, and we will have 13 new car lines without a predecessor,” said general manager Graeme Newport. “A lot of the work we did in 2012 in building our sales team as well as a large number of new models has clearly paid dividends.
“There will be more niches in the compacts car range, and there will also be more SUVs and compact coupe-like SUVs in the future and we have a long way to reach our ultimate goals, ” said Newport. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha
- Land Cruiser sales up 15pc in GCC
- UAE new car sales set to top pre-crisis peak