3 Series tops BMW’s 2012 Mideast sales
Dubai, March 11, 2013
While the BMW 3 Series remained the German firm’s best-selling model accounting for 26 per cent of global sales, it continued to record top sales in the Middle East during 2012.
Lebanon was one of the largest Middle East markets in terms of BMW 3 Series sales in 2012, which saw the model grow in popularity by 128 per cent.
In Qatar sales increased by 51 per cent; Saudi Arabia was another successful market which saw sales increase 33 per cent; Abu Dhabi with a 14 per cent increase, Bahrain with a 9 per cent increase and Kuwait with 7 per cent increase.
A large part of the sixth generation 3 Series success can be attributed to the blend of sporty design and the constant evolution of its features, ranging from powerful design elements to advanced drive and chassis technology. The model maintains the traditional design features of the BMW brand while combining sporting elegance with iconic styling.
Most notably, the 3 Series is the first BMW model to be available with three different lines: Modern, Sport and Luxury – three distinctive design personalities for the exterior and interior. Within each line, customers can choose a number of exclusive finishes and equipment variants to suit their taste, allowing a unique level of personalisation.
Customers also get to choose from four powerful TwinPower Turbo engines ranging from the four-cylinder 316i, 320i, 328i and the six-cylinder 335i. All engines come with an eight-speed automatic gearbox and TwinPower Turbo technology, offering more EfficientDynamics technology to make the 3 Series more fuel-efficient.
When inside the new BMW 3 Series, passengers have noticeably more space due to the extended chassis, while being surrounded by refined luxury and state-of-the-art in-car technology. Drive and chassis technology have always been key areas of expertise for the brand, and agility and driving dynamics remain outstanding attributes of the new BMW 3 Series. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer