New Nissan Leaf debuts at Geneva show
Dubai, March 10, 2013
Nissan showcased its new Leaf, an electric vehicle, featuring a raft of changes including an improved range of 199 km and cut-in-half charging time at the ongoing Geneva Motor Show.
The new Leaf will be produced at Nissan's Sunderland factory in the UK. Built in Europe and re-engineered for European buyers, it has received more than 100 updates, many as a result of direct feedback from loyal customers.
The new Leaf has a subtly revised front grille helps reduce the aerodynamic drag coefficient Cd figure from 0.29 to 0.28. The new Leaf's driving range is certified at 199km under the New European Driving Cycle (NEDC), which is an increase from 175km in the previous model.
By moving the charger from the rear of the Leaf to under the bonnet, it has been possible to increase the luggage area by as much as 40 litres. Overall boot capacity has increased to a massive 370 litres.
Another area where Nissan has made everyday life even easier is in the charging port area at the front of the car. Thanks to the introduction of a new LED inspection light, drivers no longer have to rely on street lighting to connect their cars to an electric source at night.
The charging port has been reworked to improve usability and security and its release mechanism now uses an electric switch. Additionally, the charge cable now features an electro-mechanical locking mechanism that removes the requirement to lock the cable to the car manually.
Other detail enhancements include a new i-Key that also controls the charging port cover and cable lock.
These significant updates are incorporated as part of a major range expansion that sees Leaf adopt the familiar Nissan three-tier trim line-up of Visia, Acenta and Tekna to broaden its appeal still further. The Visia version offers a lower price entry point while Tekna models feature even more standard equipment than the original model. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer