Nissan Sunny sales soar in GCC
Dubai, February 27, 2013
Sales of the Nissan Sunny in the Gulf Region jumped a remarkable 50 per cent for the first three quarters of the 2012 financial year compared with the same period in 2011.
In total, an impressive 18,000 cars were sold during the period, the company said.
In arguably the most competitive of segments, in which there are 24 models from 15 manufacturers, Nissan Sunny now commands 22 per cent market share, it said.
The compact sedan was also recently voted ‘Best small sedan’ by Wheels magazine.
Samir Cherfan, director, sales & marketing Nissan Middle East, said: “Nissan has long been the market leader in the B/C segment, thanks in large part to the strong offering which Nissan Sunny represents. Its tremendous spaciousness, innovative features, and high value proposition have, for many years, found resonance with the people of the Middle East. Its selection as ‘Best small sedan’ by one of the region’s most respected automotive magazines is a valued accolade for this versatile and durable compact sedan.”
“Sunny has reached a momentous milestone,” he said.
Small on the outside yet big on the inside Sunny breaks new ground for entry-level compact sedans with its blend of smart technology, next-generation efficiency and generous cabin space. The all-new Sunny’s interior volume of 90.0 cubic feet and trunk volume of 14.8 cubic feet (104.8 cubic feet total) offers more rear legroom than some mid-size sedans, trumping even some luxury cars, he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha