Nissan Sunny sales soar in GCC
Dubai, February 27, 2013
Sales of the Nissan Sunny in the Gulf Region jumped a remarkable 50 per cent for the first three quarters of the 2012 financial year compared with the same period in 2011.
In total, an impressive 18,000 cars were sold during the period, the company said.
In arguably the most competitive of segments, in which there are 24 models from 15 manufacturers, Nissan Sunny now commands 22 per cent market share, it said.
The compact sedan was also recently voted ‘Best small sedan’ by Wheels magazine.
Samir Cherfan, director, sales & marketing Nissan Middle East, said: “Nissan has long been the market leader in the B/C segment, thanks in large part to the strong offering which Nissan Sunny represents. Its tremendous spaciousness, innovative features, and high value proposition have, for many years, found resonance with the people of the Middle East. Its selection as ‘Best small sedan’ by one of the region’s most respected automotive magazines is a valued accolade for this versatile and durable compact sedan.”
“Sunny has reached a momentous milestone,” he said.
Small on the outside yet big on the inside Sunny breaks new ground for entry-level compact sedans with its blend of smart technology, next-generation efficiency and generous cabin space. The all-new Sunny’s interior volume of 90.0 cubic feet and trunk volume of 14.8 cubic feet (104.8 cubic feet total) offers more rear legroom than some mid-size sedans, trumping even some luxury cars, he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers