100 participate in UAE Land Rover Show
Dubai, February 25, 2013
More than 100 Land Rover owners participated in the recent 2nd UAE Annual Land Rover Show at Meydan Hotel, as part of a parade led by Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, chairman of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority.
Starting from the hotel in Nad Al Sheba and passing through the Second of December Street, the parade stopped at the Union House for group photos with Sheikh Majid, who also attended the Classic Car Show and stalls at the event and met the owners of the Land Rovers.
The event was supported by the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority, Jaguar Land Rover Mena and sponsored by Gulf Trading and Development Establishment to celebrate the launch of the newly unveiled Range Rover 2013, inviting all Land Rover owners, both classic and new, from 1951to 2013 to participate, a statement from the organisers said.
The Sharjah Museum for Classic Cars participated with two classic Land Rovers from the private collection of Sheikh Dr Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council member and ruler of Sharjah, from the years 1969 and 1978.
Four specially-equipped Land Rovers from the private collection of the Al Attar family in Dubai also participated in addition to many others from Series One, Two and the unique Aeroporable Land Rover, the statement said.
Dubai Police and Civil Defence Department in Dubai helped raise awareness about traffic safety during the show and explained to the visitors how the mobile radar device works. The show and parade were organised in association with the Roads and Transport Authority and Dubai Police for the second consecutive year. Dubai Sports TV Channel was the main media supporter for the event.
The Boston Diabetes and Endocrine Center in Dubai helped raise awareness of diabetes during the show. Blood sugar levels and blood pressure tests were conducted by the center for interested visitors in addition to medical and dietary advice provided free of charge, it said.
Dr Mohammad Al Redha, vice chairman, Gulf Trading and Development Establishment, said: "I thank Sheikh Majid for the support received towards the successful planning and execution of the Land Rover Show. This support gives a cultural dimension to the event in addition to it being a sporting event as each classic car that participated with us has a distinguished if not rare history. This contributes in enhancing the status of the emirate as a leading cultural destination in the region."
“Dubai has become a city of innovation led by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, and the cooperation of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority with the UAE Land Rover Show is considered innovative in itself regionally, if not globally," he added.
Arif Al Yedawi, one of the founders of Land Rover Show in UAE, said: "The presence of Sheikh Majid this year is in itself a tribute to Land Rover UAE owners. It is a true proof for the support of the leadership in our country for motor sport.”
Sponsoring the event were four UAE companies - Gulf Trading and Development Establishment, Boston Diabetes and Endocrine Center, R Autos Classic Car Restorers and Elegant Photography. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners