New Avalon launched in UAE
Dubai, February 21, 2013
The all-new 2013 Avalon was officially unveiled by Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributors of Toyota in the UAE at a special event.
The fourth generation Avalon has been radically reimagined and embodies Toyota’s new brand direction and commitment to developing more emotionally engaging vehicles, said a statement.
The American team’s new design formula delivers an athletic, bold design whilst maintaining the much revered premium and elegant DNA of the previous vehicles, it said.
“The American team has reimagined the Avalon to symbolise Toyota’s exciting new design and product direction for future vehicles. With its highly spacious, superb interior quality and excellent user friendly technology the new vehicle will continue to appeal to existing drivers. We also expect the new vehicle to attract the attention of a younger demographic due to its striking and bold design features,” said Simon Frith, managing director, Al-Futtaim Motors, upon unveiling the car.
From the exterior, the car defines a sleek and expressive profile that helps communicate a sense of motion even when it is at rest. Designers, originally inspired by the motion of a swimmer doing a butterfly stroke, tried to reproduce the combination of a muscular yet graceful look and load the car’s exterior with all the necessary traits to reflect this image, he said.
The new Avalon, which is slightly more compact, provides a bolder front perspective due to a wider, more assertive grille design and a redesigned front light cluster. The car displays better proportion with a lower vehicle height, sloping roofline, lowered beltline that accentuates a strong stance, and reduced front and rear overhangs.
The powerful and fuel efficient 3.5-liter V6 engine delivers 273 horsepower at 6,200 rpm and provides the new Avalon with excellent acceleration. If offers 3 different drive modes: Normal, Eco, and Sport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price