Emirates NBD partners with RTA
Dubai, February 18, 2013
Emirates NBD, a leading bank in the region, said it has entered into apartnership with Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to test the new online vehicle mortgage release service.
As per the deal, vehicle owners with auto loans from Emirates NBD can now apply via the bank’s branches and call centre for a vehicle mortgage release from the bank.
The bank in turn would release the vehicle mortgage online to RTA, thereby reducing the time taken to release the vehicle mortgage and significantly improving customer convenience.
There is no need for the customer to visit the bank for collection of physical vehicle mortgage release letter.
“Customer convenience is an important driving factor at Emirates NBD, and we are always on the lookout to partner with like-minded organisations to ease business procedures for our customers,” remarked Suvo Sarkar, the general manager, Retail Banking, Emirates NBD.
“With auto loans constituting a significant part of our retail business, the volume of customer traffic can be quite high at our physical branches. The new online service in co-operation with RTA will considerably reduce the turnaround time for customers in getting their vehicle mortgage release letters,” he added.
As per the existing process, customers,who wish to clear the mortgage component from their auto registrations, are required to physically obtain a vehicle mortgage release letter from their financing bank, which then has to be submitted to the RTA.
Ahmed Hashem Bahrozyan, the chief executive officer - Licensing Agency, RTA said, "This partnership will enable us to reach out to Emirates NBD auto loan customers to offer them a speedy and more accurate service, which is also environmentally friendly since it eliminates considerable paperwork."-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers