Al Nabooda records 19.5pc rise in Audi sales
Dubai, February 17, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the official dealer for Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has recorded its best performing year with total sales of 2,222 Audi vehicles in 2012, a 19.5 per cent increase year-on-year.
The four top performing models were the Audi A8 L, A6, Q7 and Q5, showing that the demand for both premium sedans and SUVs remains strong in the Emirates, a statement from Al Nabooda said.
In line with its growth Al Nabooda Automobiles is investing heavily in sales and service capacity. While 2012 was particularly significant for the dealer, with the opening of the world’s largest Audi new car showroom on Dubai’s Sheikh Zayed Road, 2013 will see a further expansion, the statement said.
Combined sales and service facilities will open in Fujairah in the first quarter and in Sharjah towards the end of 2013. Construction on a new 60 work-bay service facility for Dubai will also start this year, it said.
“2012 will go down in history as one of the most successful years for Al Nabooda Automobiles,” said Ali Al Nabooda, general manager Audi at Al Nabooda Automobiles. “We opened our Dh118 million ($32.1 million) showroom to provide the very best platform upon which to display our fleet of cars, and our commitment to our customers is already paying off as we record our most successful year in sales yet.”
“The appetite for German engineered premium cars is very healthy in our market and I know that our team will continue to work hard to create new milestones throughout 2013,” he added. “The opening of the new showrooms in Sharjah and Fujairah this year will bring us closer to more of our customers in the Northern Emirates and provide them with improved customer service.”
The new Audi showroom in Dubai allows Al Nabooda Automobiles to display 57 Audi vehicles at any one time. The facility spans more than 15,000 sq m across six levels. Audi customers can experience valet parking service as well as state-of-the-art multimedia technology, including a power wall dedicated to almost life-size virtual vehicle customisation.
The existing Audi showroom, also on Sheikh Zayed Road, has become a dedicated Audi approved plus facility, providing ample space for the highly sought-after pre-owned Audi vehicles. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show