Emirates NBD signs bus service contract
Dubai, February 16, 2013
Emirates NBD, a leading banking group in the region, has signed an agreement with the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to facilitate the complimentary shuttle bus service which has been available for its employees since 2009.
The agreement comes after RTA was selected as the preferred provider for the shuttle bus service that will transport Emirates NBD employees to and from their residences across Dubai, Sharjah and Ajman.
As per the deal, RTA will provide 45 buses from the Public Transport Agency to transport 1,300 employees in 2200 trips monthly on more than 50 routes.
This agreement is another sign of success following the RTA’s efforts to provide transport services to Emirates Airlines employees for commuting from their offices to Dubai residential areas using the Public Transport Agency buses.
Present at the signing were Emirates NBD vice chairman Hesham Al Qassim, Group CEO Rick Pudner, Group chief operating officer Abdulla Qassem besides RTA chairman Mattar Al Tayer and chief operating officer Eisa Al Dosari.
Al Tayer said the RTA was keen on promoting best practices and programs for transport management in order to contribute to the reduction in traffic congestions and minimize the number of trips using personal cars.
RTA is also keen on resolving problems arising from the limitation in parking spaces in areas that are near public and private institutions, he added.
Al Qassim said this agreement signifies a new milestone in Emirates NBD’s efforts towards providing its most valuable asset, its employees, with world class transport services.
"The bank’s transportation team has been working closely with the RTA team and Department Administrators to ensure that all current shuttle service users are mapped to the RTA service. The launch of the new shuttle bus services further confirms Emirates NBD’s keen interest in supporting a clean and eco-friendly environment," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service