McLaren P1 to be unveiled in Dubai on Feb 18
Dubai, February 14, 2013
McLaren P1, the next generation ultimate supercar from British sports car manufacturer McLaren Automotive, will be unveiled in the United Arab Emirates on Monday (February 18).
This follows the supercar’s launch in Bahrain in January.
Designed with one aim in mind, to simply be the best driver’s car in the world, on road and track, the McLaren P1 is one of the decade’s most highly anticipated cars, said the company.
Inspired by Formula 1 engineering, it will offer exceptional aerodynamics, amazing performance and bespoke design for every owner. McLaren Automotive and Al Habtoor Motors’ executives are set to welcome VIP guests to its UAE unveil at the Habtoor Grand Beach Resort and Spa.
Meanwhile, new images of the striking design study, taken at the Bahrain International Circuit, were released by the company. Bahrain is the Middle East base for McLaren, and is also home of its majority shareholder, Mumtalakat.
McLaren Automotive regional director for the Middle East & Africa, Mark Harrison said: “After a successful launch in Bahrain, we are very excited to be bringing the McLaren P1 to the United Arab Emirates, where our retail partner, Al Habtoor Motors, has confirmed huge interest in this unique car. This year marks our 50th year anniversary, so it is apt that we are gearing up to launch a car that we feel will redefine the parameters for performance, on both circuit and road. This is why we have released these unique and stunning images, taken at the BIC, a location absolutely fitting for this supercar. ”
Fans of McLaren will be able to find the full set of images at: www.facebook.com/mclarenautomotive - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show