Audi unveils all-new S3 Sportback
Dubai, February 14, 2013
Audi Middle East has introduced the all-new Audi S3 Sportback, offering the best-in-class performance, with 300 hp, 380 Nm of torque, and goes from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.0 seconds.
Averaging 6.9 liters per 100 km, the 2.0 TFSI consumes 1.5 liters per 100 km less than the previous model, a statement from Audi said.
As a first in the region Audi Middle East is asking its facebook fans to vote whether the new top-of-the-line model should become available in the Middle East.
The 1,984 cc four-cylinder engine in the S3 Sportback has been overhauled. Its rated output of 300 hp is available at 5,500 rpm; maximum torque of 380 Nm is constantly available from 1,800 to 5,500 rpm.
The 2.0 TFSI provides power and exemplary efficiency alike by relying on many new technologies, including dual injection, Audi valvelift and innovative thermal management, the statement said.
Equipped with the six-speed S tronic gearbox, the S3 Sportback sprints from 0 to 100 km/h in 5.0 seconds. Top speed is electronically governed at 250 km/h. Launch control delivers the engine's power to the road with defined tire slip. Equipped with quattro permanent all-wheel drive, it is dynamic and stable in all weather and road conditions.
Lightweight construction also contributes significantly to the dynamic performance of the Audi S3 Sportback. The five-door car has a curb weight of 1,445 kgs to 70 kgs less than the previous model. The top-of-the-line model is 4,324 millimeters long, 1,785 millimeters wide and 1,404 millimeters tall.
The exterior design underscores the dynamics of new Audi S3 Sportback. The S-specific design elements include the grille and bumper, aluminum-look exterior mirror housings and special sill strips, the S3 roof spoiler, as well as the redesigned rear bumper and diffusor.
Upon request, Audi will equip the S3 Sportback with every driver assistance system available for the model series – including adaptive cruise control, which automatically brakes or accelerates the S3 Sportback as per the speed of the vehicle ahead. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer