Haddad offers new V8 engine Mercedes models
Manama, February 11, 2013
Al Haddad Motors, the exclusive distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Bahrain, has launched new Mercedes-Benz models with powerful V8 engines.
With luxurious interiors, fascinating technology and peerless capability, each model’s eight piston engine furiously pounds the power of up to 435 screaming horses to its steadfast wheels, said an official.
Four new V8 models include the freshly launched flagship seven seater SUV GL 500, built around the modern Arab family and propelled by 435hp. The 408hp ML 500 luxury off-roader, launched earlier this year, seamlessly meets performance with sophistication, whilst the segment creating CLS 500 turns heads with its second generation four-door coupé style and 408hp power. For those that crave the pure automotive joy delivered by open top luxury sports roadsters, the SL 500 packs 435hp and the latest innovative technologies, he said.
GL 500: The award winning large size SUV occupies the top position amongst luxury off-road vehicles and is built around the modern Arab family with its seven seats, best in class engine, powerful performance, space, refinement and cutting edge technologies. The powerful new GL 500 4MATIC V8 Biturbo engine produces 435 hp, roughly 12 percent more power than its predecessor’s 388 hp. At the same time, torque has been increased from 530 to 700 newton metres – a 32-percent increase.
The M-Class: The 408 hp ML 500’s V8 Biturbo engine propels the mean machine to 100km/h in just 5.7 seconds. Permanent all-wheel drive ensures every ounce of its 600 Nm of torque and power is unleashed, whilst delivering excellent driving dynamics on both sand and tarmac.
Graeme Newport, general manager of Al Haddad Motors, said: "With the arrival of the Mercedes-Benz ML 500 at our showrooms, we can now offer the muscle to go with the stunning looks of the new M-Class to our customers looking for V8 power and performance from an SUV in Bahrain. The ML 500’s introduction will help build on the success we’ve already seen with the ML 350 and adds a further stallion to our stable.”
The SL 500: 12 percent more powerful than the previous model, the new twin turbo V8 in the SL 500 develops 435 hp and 700 of torque despite some 0.8 litres less displacement, delivering a dynamic driving experience encompassing both luxury and nimble athleticism. Constructed for the first time with a full aluminium bodyshell, the SL 500 races to the 100 km/h mark from a standstill in just 4.6 seconds, which is eight tenths quicker than the previous SL 500.
Newport adds: “The appeal of the new SL to our driving purist customers is clear. Powerful while accelerating, effortlessly superior across all speeds and nimble on winding roads – the new SL provides no end to driving pleasure.”
CLS 500: The CLS four-door coupé, when it first debuted in 2003, created a new category that combined the elegance and dynamism of a coupé with the comfort and functionality of a saloon. The CLS 500 BlueEFFICIENCY V8 engine develops 408 hp and 600nm of twist, reaching 100km/h from a standstill in just 5.2 seconds. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer