Ford F-150 trucks record 150pc sales increase
Dubai, February 7, 2013
Ford has announced that its F-150 trucks have registered a 150 per cent increase in sales across the GCC in 2012, owed to the continuously growing popularity of the truck in the region.
Backed by a strong truck heritage since 1948, the Ford F-150 joins the ranks of more than 32 million trucks which have proudly worn the F-Series badge, a statement from the company said. As Ford’s tough trucks celebrate its 65th anniversary, it marks another important milestone having been the best-selling pickups for 36 consecutive years, and America's overall best-selling vehicle for 31 years.
The company recently unveiled the Ford Atlas Concept, which already collected its first accolade as Autoweek Magazine’s Most Significant Vehicle at the 2013 North American International Auto Show (Naias).
“Ford clearly sets the benchmark in truck leadership with our built Ford tough platform, specifically for the F-150 marque,” said Paul Anderson, Ford Middle East’s marketing director. “GCC customers are increasingly learning about the features that make the F-150 the uncontested leader in its category, with best in class power, best in class towing capability and best in class payload. And that’s not all, the F-150 today features various class-exclusive technologies and features that stamp its leadership as the must-have truck.”
Ford also leads the luxury truck segment. In 1999, the company introduced the special-edition 2000 Harley-Davidson F-150. In 2001, the first King Ranch F-150 arrived. The 2009 F-150 took truck luxury to new heights with the Platinum model, the statement said. For 2013, Ford is launching an improved and refined version with a new statement on pickup luxury for 2013 – the F-150 Limited.
The 2013 Ford F-150 limited design combines unique 22-inch polished aluminum wheels and center caps with a monochromatic exterior theme available in three colours – ruby red metallic tinted clearcoat, tuxedo black metallic and white platinum metallic tri-coat.
Segment-first HID headlamps provide a signature look while delivering two and a half times more light than conventional halogen lamps. Lamp detailing incorporates F-150 insignias.
F-150 Limited is available exclusively with a SuperCrew four-door cab configuration, it said.
Limited offers a unique gauge cluster design with a 4.2-inch driver-programmable productivity screen that can be customised to monitor various vehicle systems. The new series level also includes a media hub with USB ports, an SD-card reader and RCA video input jacks. A powerful Sony Audio System is standard.
F-150 Limited brings uncompromised capability for entrepreneurial and lifestyle pursuits with an electronic six-speed automatic transmission with tow/haul mode, trailer tow package, trailer brake controller, reverse sensing system and power-deployable running boards, the statement said.
PowerFold side mirrors keep warm and dry in inclement weather and help ensure driver visibility with heated glass, memory position functionality, puddle lamps, turn signals and self-dimming actuation.
The F-150 is one of three trucks to get the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s “Top Safety Pick” ranking. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers