FJ Cruiser offered to 'Ultimate Explorer'
Dubai, February 6, 2013
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributor of Toyota in the UAE, has partnered with Explorer for the second year in a row to search for the “Ultimate Explorer”.
Explorer has recently launched its 2013 search for the “Ultimate Explorer”, promising prizes worth Dh500,000.
Al-Futtaim Motors will offer a brand new Toyota FJ Cruiser, the fun, sport and adventure car for free to the winner of the contest for a period of 12 months.
The FJ Cruiser will be put to its ultimate test by the winner while travelling throughout the UAE to explore hidden wadis, experience adrenaline activities such as hot-air ballooning, shark diving and microlight flying while staying at the most stylish hotels, and enjoying the hottest events in town, said a statement.
In addition to shopping vouchers worth Dh50,000 to be spent at a local adventure and outdoor-specialized outlet in the UAE, the winner will get to top the fun by flying to London and New York.
To enter the contest, candidates can apply through askexplorer.com for a chance to be among the first 100 winners. After submitting their reviews about various experiences, 20 will be chosen to submit a video that explains why they should be selected as the Ultimate Explorer.
Ten of the best videos plus two wildcard entries will go through a public voting system. Five finalists will be selected and invited to take part in the Ultimate Explorer Challenge Weekend in March. One winner will be crowned the Ultimate Explorer and enjoy a prize worth Dh500,000 for the next 12 months.
“We are very happy to renew our partnership with Explorer. The yearly search for the Ultimate Explorer sends excitement through the young and urban population of the UAE. The retro styled FJ reflects an attitude of adventure, sportiness and fun and is the perfect car for a lifestyle like the Ultimate Explorer’s,” said Alan Carpenter, general manager sales and marketing, Al-Futtaim Motors.
“The car is extremely popular among outdoor active and off-road drivers due to its strong, frame-based platform and lightweight body which make it the perfect vehicle for extreme leisure activities”, he added.
Applicants who wish to enter the search must be over 21 years of age and hold a valid UAE resident visa. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners