New Jaguar F-Type makes ME debut in Doha
Doha, January 30, 2013
Alfardan Premier Motors, the exclusive importer of Jaguar in Qatar, held at Middle East debut of the all new Jaguar F-Type, the two-seater Jaguar sports car at the ongoing Qatar Motor Show 2013 in Doha.
First unveiled in Paris last year, the Jaguar F-Type is a front-engined, rear-wheel drive sports car engineered to deliver pure dynamic driving reward and stunning performance. Visually, the F-Type’s exterior demonstrates a new sports car design language for Jaguar, with cleaner lines delivered through the discreet use of technology such as deployable spoiler and door handles.
Three models will be available – F-Type, F-Type S and the F-Type V8 S. They are powered respectively by Jaguar’s new 3.0 litre V6 supercharged petrol engine in 340PS and 380PS outputs and its 5.0-litre V8 supercharged petrol producing 495PS.
All engines drive through an eight-speed ‘Quickshift’ transmission, a centrally mounted SportShift selector offering full manual sequential control, as do the steering wheel-mounted paddles.
Justin Weaving, regional sales director for Jaguar Land Rover Mena said: “Jaguar has a rich sporting heritage stretching over 75 years, and the F-Type is the perfect embodiment of this. The F-Type isn’t designed to be like any other sports car, it’s a Jaguar sports car – ultra-precise, powerful, sensual and most of all, it feels alive. I am thrilled to witness the Middle East debut of the latest addition to the Jaguar family in Qatar.”
Rabih Ataya, general manager of Alfardan Premier Motors, said: “As the exclusive importer of Jaguar in Qatar, we are honoured to showcase the new F-Type to customers and automotive fans at the Qatar Motor Show. Jaguar is a brand that needs no introduction and we are confident that the F-Type will reinforce the loyal customer following we have for Jaguar in Qatar.”
The Jaguar F-Type will be available from May at Alfardan Premier Motors, a statement said.
Qatar Motor Show, the region’s biggest automotive event showcasing brands and vehicles from across the globe, will run until February 2 at Doha Exhibition Centre. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers