Qatar Motor Show kicks off
Doha, January 29, 2013
Qatar Motor Show, the region’s biggest automotive event showcasing brands and vehicles from across the globe, including family sedans, SUVs, luxury vehicles, motorcycles and sports cars, opened in Doha today.
The event was inaugurated by Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Qatar, and will run until February 2 at Doha Exhibition Centre.
A total of 120,000 visitors walked through the doors of the 2012 Qatar Motor Show, but with more exhibitors this year, more events, more premieres, and more regional interest, this year’s motor show will see record-breaking attendance, said co-hosts Qatar Tourism Authority (QTA), q.media Events, and GL Events.
Twenty-six new cars will be revealed at the show. Audi, Volkswagen, Porsche, Bertone, Ford, Ferrari, Kia, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes, Mini, Mitsubishi, and Toyota will regionally premiere their latest models.
In addition, Bentley, Brabus, Lamborghini and W Motors will showcase models never seen before worldwide.
One of the most anticipated world premieres will be that W Sports futuristic Lykan Hypersport 2013. The first hypercar designed in the Middle East, the Lykan Hypersport will woo visitors with its high-performance specs and luxurious styling (which includes diamond-encrusted LED lights).
Only seven units of this model will be produced, and each will be offered for nearly $3.4 million.
Additionally, Automobili Lamborghini starts the celebrations for its fiftieth anniversary: 100 years of innovation in half the time, during this year’s Qatar Motor Show, by launching Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster for one of its first public appearances.
Following the announcement of the car in November 2012 this new open top car is the Roadster version of the V12 Aventador LP 700-4 coupe that was first seen in the region at last year’s Qatar Motor Show. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer