New Toyota Avalon launched in Bahrain
Manama, January 27, 2013
Ebrahim K Kanoo, the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus in Bahrain, has unveiled the New 2013 Toyota Avalon, a luxury sedan.
“The 2013 Avalon showcases Toyota car-building prowess and infuses the Avalon nameplate with new levels of excitement, dynamic capability, and refinement”, said Nobuyuki Negishi, chief representative, Middle East and North Africa, Toyota Motor Corporation.
“The new Avalon is a vastly enhanced product that utilises Toyota’s best in-market car-building resources to produce this new world-class sedan, and makes a statement. It will lead the charge for great styling, great handling performance, and the highest and best level of technologies.”
Ismail Akbar, executive general manager of sales at Ebrahim K Kanoo said: “The new 2013 Avalon offers a long list of convenient, user-friendly technologies as one would expect with Toyota’s flagship sedan, the car features innovations that enhance the functionality, capability and the level of safety.”
The 2013 Avalon’s elegant and athletic design offers a longer flowing roofline creating a more appealing side silhouette. The new Avalon’s exterior lighting compliments the design lines, with the industry-first Quadrabeam headlight cluster utilising a sleek and compact double-eye PES headlight design with two square glass condenser lenses that have been adopted for the low beams and offer outstanding lighting performance, said a statement.
The interior helps create an experience that combines high technology and craftsmanship with an artistic level of sculpted surfaces. The sculpted dash panel helps add to the sense of the cabin spaciousness. The driver is engaged by an Optitron-type combination meter, which produces a sharp, high quality display and 3.5-inch Thin-film Transistor (TFT) color multi-information display. The interior surfaces are finished in premium materials, it said.
Avalon’s seats can be adjusted either 8-way or 10-way power for the driver’s seat, and 4-way or 8-way for the front passenger seat. While, the rear seats offer improved body retention with better side bolster support to enhance sitting comfort, and they are covered with premium leather with a finer grain.
Beyond styling, the Avalon interior remains highly functional, providing improved storage space. Located beneath the HVAC controls in the center console is the new eBin electronics storage tray.
The Avalon utilises a 3.5-liter, 6-cylinder engine that features Dual VVT-i. This robust V6 produces 274 horsepower which provides the new Avalon with competitive acceleration. It also features a hydraulic automatic transmission that has been optimised for improved fuel economy and performance. The V6-powered gasoline Avalon offers three drive modes: Eco, Normal and Sport.
The steering wheel has been designed to help improve the driver’s tactile feel and control, enhancing driver confidence behind the wheel. It also includes a four-direction audio switch to enhance operability, in addition to a cruise control switch, DISP (Display) and TEL.
The steering wheel offers buttons for available voice recognition, vehicle-to-vehicle distance switch for Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Large paddle-shift toggles attached to the steering wheel help enhance driver control during spirited driving. The new model features two types of climate control systems: one with three-zone independent temperature control and another with two-zone temperature control.
Avalon is available with a millimeter wave radar system that helps add an additional measure of occupant safety, an available Blind Spot Monitor that uses radar to enhance safety, and a rear view monitor. A Dynamic Radar Cruise Control feature is also available that helps reduce the driver’s workload, while a pre-collision system helps mitigate the effects of vehicle impact. The New Avalon is equipped with a total of 10 SRS airbags.
It features Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA). 16-inch wheel type disc brakes are adopted for the front and rear brake systems with variable-ratio brake pedal that varies the initial and final ratios is adopted, helping ensure high braking performance.
The new Avalons start from BD12,800 ($33,534). – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers