Hertz appoints Transworld as sales agent
Dubai, January 22, 2013
The Hertz Corporation has announced the appointment of Transworld Company as its general sales agent (GSA) in Kuwait to grow outbound car rental reservations to more than 8,800 of its locations worldwide in 150 countries.
The new partnership between the world's largest general use car rental brand and Transworld will build upon the growing number of outbound Hertz car rentals from Kuwait, with the US, Germany, France and Switzerland topping the list of global destinations for Hertz Kuwait customers in 2012.
Transworld has recruited an independent sales team which will operate as a dedicated resource to represent the Hertz brand for outbound car rental in Kuwait, providing a new level of service and support for the country's travel trade professionals making car rental bookings globally for their customers, a statement from the company said.
The move will increase Hertz product awareness among the travel trade and grow outbound sales by capitalising on Transworld's extensive international retail network to boost business from corporate customers.
"The Hertz brand is one of the most well-known car rental brands globally and is instantly recognisable by millions of people," said Michel Taride, president, Hertz International and executive vice president, Hertz Corporation.
"We have an assertive long-term outbound growth strategy for Kuwait which focuses on key destinations such as US and Europe. Having helped customers around the world for more than 90 years, this new partnership with Transworld Company builds upon the longstanding history Hertz has built in Kuwait."
"Providing a wealth of products for our customers has always been our aim and this partnership with Hertz allows us to widen the range of services we offer," said Cristiana Stefan, Hertz manager, Transworld.
"We look forward to establishing Transworld as the face of the Hertz brand amongst the travel trade in Kuwait and building Hertz brand awareness among our customers, trade and corporate client portfolio."
While Europe and the USA remain among the most popular outbound destinations for Hertz Kuwait customers in 2012, the outbound GCC market witnessed the most growth year-on-year. Kuwaitis renting in Oman grew by 166 per cent, in Qatar by 150 per cent, and in the UAE by 55 per cent.
The new GSA appointment is the latest in a wave of fresh investment by Hertz Kuwait this year to improve its booking channels and customer service levels, the statement said. In June, it launched a dedicated 24/7 English and Arabic customer call centre followed shortly in August by its own country domain website.
In November, Hertz Kuwait was awarded the Superbrand status, further establishing the car rental company as a premier choice for both business and leisure travellers in the country. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show