Alfardan to debut new Jaguar, Land Rover line-up
Doha, January 21, 2013
Alfardan Premier Motors Company, the exclusive importers of Jaguar and Land Rover in Qatar, has announced it will showcase the full 2013 Jaguar and Land Rover product line up at the third international edition of the Qatar Motor Show.
The event which is to be held at the Doha Exhibitions Center from January 29 to February 2, will include the Middle Eastern debut of Jaguar’s all-new aluminum two-seater sports car; the F-type and a further glimpse of the world’s most refined and capable luxury SUV; the all-new Range Rover, a statement from the company said.
The two vehicles will be showcased alongside the latest line-up of vehicles for Jaguar Land Rover including the Range Rover Evoque, LR4, LR2 and Jaguar’s XF, XJ and XK.
The Jaguar and Land Rover stand has been a consistent and popular attraction at the Qatar Motor Show since it began in 2011 and with this year’s exceptional model line up, the stand will be a star attraction for customers and motoring fans alike, the statement said.
Robin Colgan, managing director for JLR Mena, said: “This is the biggest and strongest Jaguar Land Rover line-up that we’ve seen in the Middle East for several years. With the exciting debut of the Jaguar F-Type and the arrival of the All-New Range Rover, together with a host of upgrades on our 13 model year products, there will be something for all car enthusiasts across the Middle East.”
“Judging by the phenomenal interest we have received from our loyal customer base here in Qatar, this is shaping up to be our most successful Motor Show yet, said Rabih Ataya, general manager for Alfardan Premier Motors Company. “The growth in sales over the last year confirms that demand remains high in this region and with the introduction of our 13MY vehicles, along with the release to market of the much-anticipated all-new Range Rover and Jaguar F-Type, I am confident we will continue to experience strong growth.”
The new Jaguar F-Type is a two-seater, convertible sports car focused on performance, agility and driver involvement. Featuring the most advanced iteration of Jaguar’s acclaimed rigid and lightweight aluminium architecture to date; the F-Type has ideally balanced weight distribution, the statement said.
Adrian Hallmark, global brand director, Jaguar, said: “Jaguar is a founder member of the sports car segment with a rich sporting bloodline stretching over 75 years, and in the F-Type we’ve reignited that flame. It’s a Jaguar sports car – ultra-precise, powerful, sensual and, most of all, it feels alive.”
The all-new Range Rover is the most capable and most luxurious Land Rover yet, the statement said. Lighter, stronger and with new levels of refinement, the Range Rover reinforces its position as the world’s finest luxury SUV.
The world’s first SUV with a revolutionary lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model enabling total vehicle weight savings of up to 420kg, it said.
The lightweight aluminium platform has delivered significant enhancements in performance and agility, along with a transformation in fuel economy and CO2 emissions.
John Edwards, global brand director, Land Rover, said: “The new Range Rover preserves the essential, unique character of the vehicle – that special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability.”
“However, its clean sheet design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience for luxury vehicle customers, with a step change in comfort, refinement and handling.”
The full 2013MY Jaguar and Land Rover line-up is available exclusively at Alfardan Premier Motors Company showrooms. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show