Renault posts record GCC sales
Dubai, January 20, 2013
French carmaker Renault has achieved its record sales ever in the region with 12,092 vehicle units in 2012 progressing by 27 per cent compared to 2011.
Since 2009, Renault sales in the GCC have shown a significant growth momentum of up to 428 per cent to date.
Fifty-eight per cent of Renault sales in 2012 were done in Saudi Arabia where the brand has now crossed the 7,000 units making Renault the first European Brand in the kingdom.
In Dubai, Renault achieved a record sale of more than 2,000 units making a progress of 67 per cent over 2011.
The launch of the Renault Duster in May 2012 contributed significantly in this sharp rise in sales over the year. Renault Duster is already the number 3 best selling model for Renault in the region with close to 2,000 unit sales. In just 8 months, Renault Duster has already entered the top 20 SUVs and has received a fantastic market response.
Renault GCC line-up features other popular models, such as the Renault Fluence, which registered 10 per cent sales growth in 2012 selling more than 3,000 units and becoming the most selling European model in the C segment in the region.
Renault Safrane, the brand flagship has increased its sales by 31 per cent in the very competitive DE Segment.
Mustansir Lakdawala, managing director of Renault GCC, said: “Renault awareness is on the rise and the brand has become more and more popular for its attractive quality/price ratio in the region delivering great value for money and best in class comfort driving experience to our customers.
“The year 2012 allowed us to reinforce our presence in the region. We are confident to continue this momentum in 2013 with the introduction of the New Renault Fluence and some other facelifts in the coming months.”
Benoit Turibe, marketing director of Renault GCC, said: “The year 2012 has been a new milestone for us. The strategy implemented since 2010 with a clear brand vision, active marketing and focus campaigns on our pillar models, and Customer Digital engagement, is delivering results year after year.
“In 2012, Renault retail sales have increase by 62 per cent. In 2013, we will keep building on our Brand Awareness and product familiarity to reinforce our people-centricity towards the young and cosmopolitan population in the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer