Dubai registers record 1.1m vehicles in 2012
Dubai, January 19, 2013
The Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) said more than 1.13 million vehicles had been registered in the emirate during last year with around 3,500 vehicle registrations renewed per day on an average.
Announcing this on Saturday, Ahmed Hashim Bahrozyan, CEO, Licensing Agency (RTA) said these annual renewals of registrations of new cars would require additional vehicle testing and registrations centres to meet the increased demand.
He was speaking at the inauguration of a hitech vehicle testing and registration centre of CARS at Deira, Dubai with this, the network of RTA’s licensing centres in the emirate has reached 21 centres.
A member of ETA Ascon Star Group, CARS is one of the pioneering professional workshops established in 1978 and the largest taxi operators in the UAE.
"The new world class centres, such as the one we are launching today, help reduce queues and waiting time at our licensing centres," said Bahrozyan.
CARS adheres to stringent and high standards set by RTA for licensing and registration centres operating in Dubai including improving manpower skills, technology and IT systems as well as enhancing safety and testing procedures.
Boasting ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications, the newly launched centre of CARS, in collaboration with RTA, conducts annual vehicle fitness tests and offers all registration services through the RTA e-traffic system for vehicles in the UAE and more especially for vehicles registered in Dubai.
Ahmed Al Ghurair, the director, CARS said: "We offer technical testing for new registration and renewal of registration, export testing, comprehensive testing including auction testing, vehicle evaluation and certification, insurance services, Fast track and VIP services, Special services for senior citizen, ladies and the physically challenged."
Saleem Ansari, the senior GM of CARS said: "Customers can now avail of all vehicular services, including the e-Traffic services (renewal of vehicles, new registrations for light vehicles and motor bikes), export certificates, vehicle ownership certificates, fine payments, Salik, replacement registration cards, vehicle clearance certificates and replacement number plates."
CARS operates 11 workshops in 6 Emirates in the UAE and employs over 600 skilled employees. Moreover, CARS is the first in Dubai to offer motorcycle testing through dedicated 2 Wheeler test lane using sophisticated testing equipments.
"We have earned a solid reputation of reliability over the years which is endorsed by our rapidly increasing customers in the UAE," added Al Ghurair.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week