Lexus showcases luxury hybrids at WFES
Abu Dhabi, January 17, 2013
Al Futtaim Motors - Lexus, the exclusive distributor for Japanese automaker Lexus in the UAE, is displaying two luxury hybrids from Lexus at the ongoing World Future Energy Summit in Abu Dhabi.
WFES 2013 is running from January 15 to 17 at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
In its third consecutive participation at Abu Dhabi’s future energy signature show, Lexus showcased its new RX 450h and GS 450h vehicles equipped with the cutting-edge Lexus Hybrid Drive technology and other hybrid intelligence systems offering advanced driving information and control features.
The two vehicles which also feature an Electric Vehicle-Drive Mode that enables them to run purely on electric power at lower speeds and with zero emissions attracted much attention during the three-day event with their sophisticated exterior designs and ultra-luxurious interiors.
“The Lexus line of vehicles is a lot more than just pleasing to the eye,” said Saud Abbasi, general manager, Al Futtaim Motors – Lexus.
“During its 30 years of evolution, the brand has kept reinventing the meaning of hybrid drive by constantly upping the ante with the regular introduction of innovative technologies designed to deliver powerful high performance hybrid cars offering a quiet and smooth driving experience with reduced emissions and fuel consumption,” he said.
“For the last three years WFES has provided Al Futtaim – Lexus with the perfect platform to showcase our leadership and innovation credentials in the fast growing segment of hybrid vehicle technology,” Abbasi added.
“At this event Lexus is able to showcase its latest unique full hybrid vehicles in front of an audience who fully understands the importance of sustainability in our lives and appreciates innovation in technologies which provide uncompromising performance within an unmistakably green agenda.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain