Renault posts record UAE sales
Dubai, January 16, 2013
Arabian Automobiles, the exclusive dealer of Renault in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has posted a record 67 per cent growth in its 2012 sales for the Renault brand compared with 2011.
Last year, Renault saw its market share in the UAE grow by 2 per cent. The company has attributed the significant results to growing customer confidence as well as the availability of a wider range of Renault models which appeals to different customer segments.
Arabian Automobiles will open a new, flagship state-of-the art showroom on Emirates Road in the first quarter of 2013 which would house the various brands the company represents under one roof including Renault.
Ashish Goel, deputy general manager, Arabian Automobiles Renault said: “With the onset of 2012, the business saw a double digit growth in sales thanks to growing confidence in customers’ purchase behavior and further interest in the Renault line-up.”
“The arrival of the Renault Duster gained a lot of interest among UAE residents and played a huge role in increasing traffic to our showrooms. Arabian Automobiles was awarded the ‘Dealer of the Year’ for 2011 by Renualt GCC and we are confident that our performance in 2012 will result in us receiving the award for the second consecutive year.
“We will continue to focus on aftersales which include providing our valued customers dedicated Renault service facilities and continual investment in the aftersales infrastructure,” he added.
Since its launch in May 2012, the Renault Duster has become the biggest selling passenger vehicle for Arabian Automobiles’ Renault division. The Duster starts at a price of under Dh50,000 ($13,600), and the small SUV’s blend of features, driving characteristics and styling have proved to be a winning combination for customers, the dealer said.
Arabian Automobiles is also a strategic partner of the 2013 Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF).
During DSF 2013, Renault buyers can benefit from two years or 40,000 km free servicing on the purchase of Renault passenger car models. They will also receive a special ‘scratch & win’ card giving them the chance to win guaranteed gifts or cash worth up to Dh25,000, according to a company statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers