AMG school offers latest models for driver training
Abu Dhabi, January 15, 2013
The AMG Driving Academy is offering Mercedes-AMG driver training programmes in a premier selection of the latest AMG vehicles on the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, one of the world’s most testing racetracks.
Teaching drivers to harness their full driving potential to reach unexpected levels, the AMG Driving Academy Advanced level UAE programme provides the knowledge and experience for perfect control of vehicles, coupled with great passion and the utmost in driving enjoyment, a statement said.
Participants are catapulted into driving greatness in the most captivating AMG high-performance models currently available, including the CLS 63 AMG, E 63 AMG, C 63 AMG, C 63 AMG Coupé and the SLK 55 AMG roadster.
The flagship of the academy, making its Middle East debut at the media launch and first intake of the AMG Driving Academy, is the newly launched SLS AMG GT - evolved through the incredible success of the SLS AMG GT3, which securing 26 victories in the FIA GT3 Series in 2011.
Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars Middle East & Levant, said: “Everything Affalterbach puts into AMG vehicles was learned at the track, so it makes sense that enthusiasts can now share in that too. 2012 was the Year of AMG in the Middle East, with a record number of drivers getting behind the wheel to feel the precision, power and emotion of AMG.”
“With the AMG Driving Academy, our customers can now experience the full passion of AMG driving performance, developing new found skills to explore the extreme limits of what these machines can deliver.
“The AMG Driving Academy’s Advanced training ensures safe and confident reactions. With the dual personality of AMGs - at home both on the track and the drive to the office - these are skills that not only deliver maxi-mum enjoyment of track racing, but also the well-being of our customers and their families on even the most challenging public roads,” added Bernthaler.
The Dh7,750 ($20,357) single-day AMG Driving Academy Advanced skills programme concentrates on developing driving skills and sporty driving.
In addition to the fundamentals of driving physics, the theoretical introduction primarily covers cornering technique, the ideal line and braking points. The mode of functioning of the various driver assistance systems, safety rules and driver behaviour also play a central role in this unit.
Section training on the race circuit sees the instructors explore in detail the particular characteristics of each section of corners, while guided driving behind the instructor makes it easier for the participants to identify the ideal line and braking points.
An AMG driver training team is on hand to answer all technical questions about the vehicles, and can accommodate two groups of 10 participants each.
One instructor is assigned to each group and two participants share each car. The event rises to a suitably thrilling climax with the chance for the participants to sit in the passenger seat as a professional racing driver takes them for a spin in the SLS AMG GT Race Taxi.
Thomas Buehler, head of AMG Middle East & Levant, said: "The new SLS AMG GT demonstrates the incredible potential that lies in AMG's super sports cars. With even higher levels of performance and design details, the SLS AMG GT excites the moment one lays eyes on it, reaching a roaring crescendo as it demonstrates its prowess and performance on the race track."
The AMG Driving Academy also arranges complete incentive trips for companies, customers or business partners. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service